- Lots of the blog posts and books around SEO focus on the technical aspects.The issue is: 90% of your ranking is not determined by the technical aspects but by your content and how youâ€™ve optimized that. This book on Content SEO tells you everything you need to know about writing and optimizing your text.
- Next to deep explanations to change how you think about your content, the book also has lots of practical tips that you can implement right away.
- Whether itâ€™s how to do keyword research, how to structure your site or how to write that piece of content that people will want to link to, this book covers it all.
About this bookAfter we released our first eBook, we felt we were missing one piece of the SEO puzzle too much. While a lot of the blog posts we write about SEO here at Yoast are technical, content SEO has always been at the core of what we do. We just never told that story very well. This time, Joost & Marieke sat down to make it one big, structured story on how to properly optimize your content. While writing that we felt the need to also include a basic intro to copywriting, as so much of the content we see on websites is so dreadful to read. Thatâ€™s why the book falls intro three section:
- Keyword Strategy Including how to do keyword research, what the purpose of long tail keywords really is and how you can have both a long term keyword strategy and still do ad hoc keyword research.
- Site Structure Explains the importance of a good site structure and how to position your most important pieces of content related to your long tail pieces. Also gives several quick wins on how to improve your overall site structure on an existing site.
- Content Writing Explains how to write well structured, high quality copy that has a clear objective. This section also contains a chapter specific to people using our WordPress SEO plugin on how to incorporate the feedback from the SEO plugin into your writing.